Adventures in Humility

News, Views, and Chews on spiritual issues.

Sunday, November 27, 2005

Back to basics?

If I'm honest with myself, I'm beginning to get a little tired of discussing the same old things on GD. To quote an IGM expression, it is like "chewing the chewed". All of the discussions relating to the gaps in the IGM guru-parampara as well as eligibility for siddha-pranali/deha are all beginning to sound a little elemental now.

I seriously cannot see any new information on such topics coming forward in the near future. Sometimes I reflect on Madhava's posts where he states that his original goal in forming the GD forums was to discuss the fundamentals of Rupanuga siddhanta. This is something I'd like to know more about, the subtle nuances of the doctrine and the ecstasy gained thereof.

What a shame that the 'Book Study' section of the old Raganuga Forums never took off. But then again, there were only a few posts relating to BG study if I remember correctly, and there wasn't much participation there either. Perhaps we can open a new section again that is devoted to scriptural study just so long as there are enough members who wish to participate. The two texts I'm interested to study and which are on my mind now is Laghu-bhagavatamrta and Ujjvala-nilamani. No idea why, just these two texts seem to contain a lot of interesting stuff to put it mildly!

So I hope that when Madhava gets back, he will bring a lot of joy and devotion back from Vraja with him!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home