Adventures in Humility

News, Views, and Chews on spiritual issues.

Sunday, July 30, 2006

Ridiculous!

I was expecting Guha's book to arrive yesterday morning, but last night I received word in email that it had just been posted yesterday and it is due to reach me in around 10 days or thereabouts! Ridiculous! I specifically chose a British bookseller because the book would reach me in a matter of a couple of days, and now it seems that they have to import the book from their US warehouse!

If you want to touch your nose, all you have to do is lift your finger to your nose (in front of you) and touch it. Some people seem to enjoy twisting and contorting their arm behind their head in order to touch their nose. They may touch their nose, but see the silly roundabout way in which they did it instead of the normal and simpler way.

But fair enough, they might have run out of stock and thus need to import it from their US warehouse. Hardly! It may be a very good book but it is hardly a best-seller at the top of the New York Times book list for half a year! Incidentally, it is Nitai who is behind the production of the book and I wonder if that has something to do with it. The information states that the book is printed on demand, implying that it will only be printed on a one-by-one basis according to the number of orders received. Interesting way of doing things, I'll say!

Oh well, just as long as it doesn't cost me extra. Speaking of which, I had better check that out....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home